#BeachWrestling

Kerradel Beach Games wrap up in Palau

By United World Wrestling Press

NGARAAD STATE, Palau (April 5) --- On March 26, 2022, the Ngaraard State Government, in partnership with the Palau National Olympic Committee and the Australian Embassy in Palau, hosted its first Kerradel Beach Games at Kuabes Park. Each of the five counties of Ngaraard were well represented by a total number of 59 youth participants competing in the following sports: Archery, Beach Volleyball and Beach Wrestling. 

To commence the Games Governor Sharp Sakuma and Delegate Gibson Kanai each gave brief motivation messages to the youth and further challenged them to take advantage of the opportunity of the 1st Kerradel Beach Games. It is through these events our youth get to build better and stronger relationship amongst themselves, raise awareness to fight obesity in our youth population and encourage motivation and good competition in the sport community of our state. 

PalauA wrestler finishes a double leg takedown at Kuabes Park during the Kerradel Beach Games.

The Beach Wrestling competition includes youths in boys and girls categories from ages 9 and up take part in the Games. There were about nineteen (19) athletes that competed in their respective pools. Each athlete competed in a double elimination bracket on Saturday where medals were earned as each athlete competed for their county. The overall points were tallied for the winning trophy and Elab County claimed victory as it placed 1st, Ngkeklau came in 2nd and Choll came 3rd respectively, followed by Ngebuked County and Ulimang County. 

This event was made possible by the following sponsors and partners:
1. Office of the Governor
2. Ngaraard State Government
3. Palau National Olympic Committee
4. Pacific AUS Sports
5. Australian Embassy, Palau
6. Dilngebuked Inc., Ngaraard State
7. Legislator Leon Debengek 8. Hana Ingais.

Congratulations to all participants and their youth representatives!

#WrestleZagreb

Olympic champ Jamalov to miss 2025 World Championships

By Eric Olanowski

TASHKENT, Uzbekistan (May 14) -- Paris Olympic champion Razambek JAMALOV (UZB) will miss the 2025 World Championships.

Jamalov told United World Wrestling that he will undergo knee surgery on May 19 in Moscow and will be sidelined for the rest of the 2025 season.

This is the second surgery for Jamalov in last eight months, and 10th of his career, as he also had a shoulder surgery shortly after his win in Paris in August 2024.

"This will be my fifth surgery on my knee," Jamalov told UWW. "I've also had three surgeries on both shoulders, one on my neck, and one for tonsils.

"This is very difficult news because I was hoping to be ready for the 2025 World Championships. It's an old injury that I suffered before the Ranking Series tournament in Hungary [last year]. It's a complete tear of the cruciate ligament."

Despite the physical and mental toll of ten surgeries, the 26-year-old is gearing up for the wrestling season in 2026.

"Even after 10 surgeries, I want to keep wrestling," he said. "I'm aiming to be back in action at the beginning of 2026. Without wrestling, life feels boring to me. Of course, there are doubts sometimes, but I try to work hard and keep believing."